Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pasta Salad

The last week has been crazy and weird and wonderful, getting used to sharing my home again with my husband. We went to a day of reintegration training together, during which a chaplain got up to give us a talk about learning how to be married again and covered everything but marriage  Up to and including: Schizophrenia, Abortion, Politics and LSD. It was... interesting to say the least, definitely not what I was expecting. I haven't had a lot of time to try out new recipes, but I did get to try out one that I'd been wanting to do for a while that I thought he would love in particular, and it was a great hit. I got this one off of pinterest, and a cold pasta salad really fit in well with the warm weekend we've been having here.


Garden Pasta Salad

(I have no idea what is going on with my photo uploader, every time I tried to upload it there were different colors running through it! It got a bit entertaining after a while, so I included all of the photos)

  • 1-3/4 cups farfalle (bow-tie pasta), uncooked
  • 2 cups small broccoli florets
  • 1-1/2 cups ham steak, chopped
  • 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
  • 1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan Shredded Cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill



Boil pasta as directed on package, omitting salt and adding broccoli to the boiling water for the last 3 min; (We left our broccoli raw, as my husband likes it better that way) drain. Rinse under cold running water; drain again. Mix ham, tomatoes, onions and dressing together in large bowl. Add pasta; toss to coat and with cheese and dill. The best part about this recipe is you don't even really have to measure it, you can change the ingredient amounts to your liking (or to what you have on hand!) and mix up the veggies as you have available. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment