Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pot Roast and leftovers

I thought I had already given my pot roast recipe, but try as I might as I look back over the posts I can't find it, so it'll be more like a bonus! This week I had a few things I wanted to talk about that aren't even related to cooking (I know, I'll keep it short) Lately on Pinterest I've been getting into a lot of home improvement things, finding out some things I wanted to share, first off being a cure for those nasty yellow armpit stains! Go here to see the recipe, but I can vouch for it as being awesome! Now I don't have to pass up those white shirts at goodwill cause of the stains, or throw out old shirts cause of it! The other thing I found out is that you're supposed to wash pillows, and apparently 3 times a year at that. I had no idea, I though you just tossed them when they got old enough :/ but now I have clean pillows! You can find a good way to do that here. And now, for the recipes. I love my pot roast recipe and my husband thinks it's amazing, it's always moist, flavorful and even the leftovers continue tasting great. It's super easy too, and if you make enough of it you can make what I made with our leftovers, which were Pot Roast Sliders. Also very easy and a fun way to redo the leftovers :) Enjoy!


Amazing Pot Roast (Sorry if it's a repeat!)


  • 1 packet gravy mix (any brand or type, I've used beef and turkey before)
  • 1 packet ranch dip mix
  • 1 packet dry onion soup mix
  • 2-3 pound roast
  • 1/2 cup water
Mix all of the dry mixes together and sprinkle on top of the roast in the crock pot. Pour the water along the side, not over the roast and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 6-8. The longer the more tender and more flavor will soak into it. 


Pot Roast Sliders
  • Pot Roast
  • Hawaiian rolls
  • Horseradish sauce
  • Swiss Cheese
Bake the rolls until they're golden brown, and layer the ingredients on the rolls. Enjoy! Be careful though, the horseradish can be quite hot if you're not used to it. Ranch dressing or mayonnaise would be good substitutes as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment