Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pampered Chef Recipe (and contest of sorts)

Last weekend I had a pampered chef party, it was great, even though many people didn't show up we had a great time and I got to try a new great recipe which I decided to share with everyone here! I'll get to that in just a minute though, I used to be a pampered chef consultant, and even though I got out of it, I still have a bunch of their old recipe books sitting around the house, and I love them! Each one has a small selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts, and every one I've tried has turned out pretty great. The books are only $2 a piece, and really handy to have, I've even used some in place of cards for some of the cooks in my life before! (if you're interested in the recipes they might have, scroll to the bottom for how you can get a digital copy of some) I have an open pampered chef party going online right now, and if you're interested in taking a look or ordering anything just follow this link.   Now that I've gotten that shameless plug out of the way, on to the recipe! My pampered chef consultant made German Chocolate Lava Cake in the microwave! The recipe calls for one of their products, which is a small covered baker. It's pretty great (but a little pricey, so any microwave safe dish with a lid should work) and looks wonderful, so transfers straight from the microwave to the table to serve. Sorry I don't have any pictures to go with this, I was too busy entertaining :) Hope you enjoy it! I also have a little contest of sorts,

German Chocolate Lava Cake


  • 2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
  • 2 t canola oil
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (9 oz) small package devils food cake mix
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels

Microwave coconut in uncovered baker on high for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 30 seconds. Spread it out on a plate to cool. Brush same baker with oil. Mix pecans, half of the coconut and 1 cup of the condensed milk in a small bowl until blended. Mix cake mix, sour cream, remaining condensed milk and egg in a large bowl until blended. Pour batter into baker. Pour coconut mixture evenly over the batter. Microwave uncovered on high 3-5 minutes or until the center of the cake look moist (but not wet). Cover baker and let stand 5 minutes. Microwave chocolate in uncovered bowl on high 45-60 seconds or until almost melted. Stir until smooth. Pour melted chocolate into resealable plastic bag and trim the corner. Sprinkle cake with remaining coconut and drizzle with chocolate. Enjoy!
Note: Remember, not all microwaves cook at the same speeds, so if you're worried yours cooks too high or too low, just stop it a minute or so early and check the top just to be safe.



Contest Time!!!

Lately I've been scanning in a bunch of my pampered chef cookbooks, so I have them all on digital file right now, and I thought I would offer them up as an incentive to share about this blog with your friends. These are cookbooks that you won't be able to buy anywhere, as they're seasonal ones that pampered chef doesn't sell anymore. All you have to do is comment on this post with your email address and name, and share this blog with your friends, family, tweet, facebook, etc. and tell them to comment on any of the blog posts with the name of the person who sent them, and whoever has the most by the next blog post will get an email with all 3 digital cookbooks! The person with the second most comments will get 1 of the digital cookbooks sent to their email. Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of German chocolate cake, but I'll enter your contest! I have loved many of your past recipes though!
    ginahartlaub@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a cookbook! Here comes me sharing your blog for everyone!
    maverick.artist@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete