Sunday, April 1, 2012

Here we go...

I don't really know where to start. My name is Carissa. I am an army wife, my husband is in Afghanistan and I needed something to keep me busy and help me keep track of the days. I combined that with my love of cooking and decided to make this blog, inviting others to follow me on my adventures with food, separation and the army wife life. I have set a goal to post every Sunday and I am determined to stick to it (and give you all permission to scold me if I don't!) I've never had a blog before so bear with me! My husband just left yesterday, so no recipes for today, but next week I will be doing my first recipes focused on Italian style cooking! That's all for now, but I have one more thing to leave you all with, a little something silly I found online while I was doing some research for this blog :) 
 
Recipe for a military spouse 
1 1/2 cups patience 
1 cup courage 
3/4 cup tolerance 
Dash of adventure 
1 pound of ability 
To the above ingredients: add 2 tablespoons of elbow grease and let stand alone for one year. Marinate frequently with salty tears. Pour off excess fat and sprinkle ever so lightly with money then knead dough until payday. Season with international spices. Bake 20 years or until done. Makes unlimited servings. Serve with pride --author unknown-- 







Well there it is! It's still a little half baked, and has a lot of work left to be perfect, but it's on it's way!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! Its Nik! I was randomly going through blogs. We knew each other way back when he was little and played music. Haha wow! Anyway. I might have to look again at your food recipes! Looks yummy :)

    Salud!

    ReplyDelete