Sunday, April 6, 2014

Bacon cheese bombs!

BOOM! Finally I'm back on time and that deserves a lil celebration, so I thought this recipe would do nicely. Little crunchy explosions of fried cheese and crispy bacon in your mouth, like little fireworks of awesomeness. After trying it out I'll admit I was a bit disappointed. The breading didn't seem to want to hold the cheese in and as such I ended up losing most of it in the oil, but they were still tasty little bundles of bacon and biscuit. I might mess around with it sometime, maybe try with a normal mozzarella stick breading rather than the biscuit, but for now, this was quick, easy and went over fairly well :) Try experimenting with the different cheeses, the breading, etc. If you do, let me know how it is! And with that, here is the recipe.

Cheesy Bacon Bombs 


  • 1 can (8ct.) Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits
  • Cubed Mozzarella Cheese (1-1″ cube per Bomb)
  • 2 lbs. of Bacon (1 slice per Bomb)
  • Sticks (toothpicks, skewers, etc.)
  • Oil for frying (I used Canola)

Cube up the cheese and cut the biscuits into fourths, wrapping the cheese cubes in the biscuit bits. Roll it up nice and tight, and then wrap it in bacon and secure it with a skewer. It's easy, get an assembly line going! Heat approximately 2 inches of oil in a large pot to roughly 350 F and fry them in smaller batches, so as not to lower the temperature of the oil too fast. Drain them on some paper towels and serve them warm so the cheese is still lovely and ooey and gooey. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment