Friday, April 11, 2014

I have a confession to make

I like to fancy myself a great planner and everything, but the very sad truth is that I am miserable at it. I try my best but sometimes I just have these great epic fails that just... don't work. I know I said I wouldn't miss another day and I'm sure you all noticed that I missed... well a lot. Here is my lovely planning snafu (am I spelling that right? I love that word). So I planned this 30 days of bacon thing, got so excited, gathered up all these awesome recipes I was determined to try! Shortly after that, I heard about this awesome shake replacement plan, and decided to give it a try and do this healthy eating, meal replacement, work out thing and try to get fit and strong and just see where I could push my body. Well the lovely thing about that is it started this week, and healthy and bacon just don't. quite. work.

I hemmed and hawed and overall just avoided this subject but I needed to tackle it so here it is! I have one more recipe left that I tried to share, so I'll start adding that, but otherwise I'm afraid all I'm going to have are healthy recipes! Sorry to disappoint, but sometimes, life happens! If you stick with me I do have some good healthy recipes, they're just going to be coming in less frequent as I just can't eat that much that fast by myself! Otherwise, if anyone wants to guest blog a bacon recipe before it's over just holler :) I'm more than happy to hear what other people are doing with that wonderful ingredient!

Alright, luckily for us, I ended it with an amazing ingredient. Really this one was such a big hit, but how could I go wrong? Chicken, cheese, bacon, green onions, it's delicious and everyone adored it. Make it if you can, because it's sure to be a staple at your house after this!

Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken


  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 4 T cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
  • 2 T diced green onions
  • 4-8 slices of bacon
  • pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Cut the chicken into 4 equal pieces, preferably not just flat in half, if you sort of butterfly it, it'll go better, because we're going to flatten the chicken so it's about 1/4 inch thick. Mix together the cream cheese, pepperjack and green onions, and put 1/4 of the mixture down the middle of each chicken breast. Roll the chicken breast up, keeping the mix in the middle, and wrap in the bacon, using more or less bacon depending on the size of the bacon and the chicken breasts. Secure with a toothpick if needed, and sprinkle with some pepper, depending on how much you like. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, broiling the top for 5 minutes after that until the bacon is crisp and brown, and then turn it upside down and broil an additional 3-5 minutes to crisp up the bottom so you don't get stuck with soggy bacon. Serve immediately and enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment