Monday, April 7, 2014

irish beer bread with cheese, dill and BACON

So this one will be short cause I'm on the road in a hotel typing on my phone (which is a pain in the butt when your phones auto correct doesn't recognize words like irish. Or butt.) But I promised I wouldn't be behind on posts again so here goes! For St paddys day most people celebrate by drinking, and I celebrate with cooking. This year I made corned beef and cabbage, Baileys and beer cupcakes and... irish beer bread with bacon (among other things). It was delicious, no one made it to my party but I am vouching for this recipe! It stayed moist and the flavors were awesome, the little flecks of bacon and cheese, yum! It's not difficult either so no worries about that aspect :) here we go!

Irish beer bread with cheddar bacon and dill


  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 t salt
  • 1 T baking powder
  • 12 oz of your favorite beer at room temp
  • 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
  • 2 T fresh dill
  • 1/2 cup cooked bacon crumbles
  • 3 T butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350 and mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Using a rubber spatula, mix in the beer to combine and then add the cheese, bacon and dill. Scrape the batter into a greased loaf pan and top with the melted cheese. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Enjoy! Even better warm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment