Sunday, April 6, 2014

I swear it's the last time I'll be late!

Wow I had no clue I was 2 days behind, I swear I had caught up better than that. As you can all see I suck at deadlines! So I guess I have two more posts to put up today. I saved this recipe for a special occasion, and I suppose this fits it to make up for my grievous mistake, hopefully this helps!
So this recipe, the ace up my sleeve, is Bacon Double Cheeseburger Beer Cheese Soup. I know, lots of wonderful words squished together in one recipe, too good to be true right? You'll think so when you try this. I was skeptical, the ingredients are so simple, it's so easy, it might be good but could it be THAT good? Yes, it could. It's like crack soup. I tasted a little while cooking it and could not stop myself from eating it the rest of the time. Anyone else who's tried it agrees with me and I hope you will too! Easy to make for parties, company and I guarantee you it'll be a hit, especially among bacon lovers. There is just so much bacon in it, and the bacon flavor permeates the entire soup. It's like the holy grail of soups. No hidden secrets here, this one is easy, you could do it with the kids :) Feel free to mess with it, add your favorite cheeseburger toppings on top or mixed in. I'd probably do some sauteed onions and mushrooms next time diced up in it, and top it with some fresh tomato, croutons, diced pickles, bacon... maybe even some mayo (I lived in the south for a while, everything is better with mayo) mmmm

Bacon Double Cheeseburger Beer Cheese Soup


  • 12 ounces thick cut bacon, uncooked
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • ¼ cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning 
  • 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
  • 1 (12 ounce) beer (I used Blue Moon)
  • 4 cups half and half 
  • 16 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded 
  • croutons, pickles, bacon bits (optional garnishes)

Warm a large pot over high heat, and using kitchen scissors cut the bacon into the pot (roughly 1/4 inch-1/2 inch sizes, you want bacon bit sorts sizes when you're done). Cook, stirring occasionally until lightly crisp, and then add the ground beef. Break it up and cook it through, when it's done you're going to want to drain as much of the drippings as you can, you don't want a super oily soup. Don't drain it all out, keep probably 2 Tablespoons in it, you want that bacon flavor to soak into the cheese and half and half still. When that's done, stir in the flour and seasonings until the flour has coated all the meat. Add the beer and cook for 3 minutes, scraping up all the little bits off the bottom as you do, don't want to let any bacon flavors go to waste! Then add the half and half, stir it in and bring it til it's bubbling. Add the cheese and stir it in til it's melted, and finally allow it to simmer, stirring occasionally until you're ready to serve. The longer you let it simmer the better those flavors are going to just invade the entire soup, but it's still amazing right when it's done. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment